Angular got released and so it’s the perfect time to try it out. I totally understand it might be difficult to get started, but it doesn’t have to. In this video I’ll take you by your hand and guide you step by step through the process of creating your first Angular application. 👍
Contents are based on Angular version >= 2
This video will very shortly guide you through creating a state of the art Angular application. In this ~50 min screencast, you will learn..
- how to generate a new Angular project using the Angular CLI
- about Angular Modules, what they do and what they are good for
- about components, why everyone is talking about them and how to create them with Angular
- about how to style a component
- how the data typically flows throughout your Angular components
- about the difference between stateful and stateless components
- about how to get data from your user, by using Angular Forms
- what RxJS is all about
- about Angular services and
- the Angular http library
But enough talking :smiley:. Let’s code!!
You can download the source code I use in the video from my repository.
If you rather want to first learn what Angular is all about and why it is so special, then you may want to check out my “Angular - A Getting Started Guide for Beginners”. Also, these slides from Gerard Sans are pretty awesome:
Awesome intro slides to Angular by Gerard Sans
A collection of Angular related articles on my blog here
A first quick look at the new Forms API in Angular
Check out the docs and guides on the official Angular site
Todd has top of the notch articles on Angular 1 and Angular. Check them out!
Victor Savkin is a core member of the Angular team and has a bunch of super interesting, in depth articles on his blog
Awesome training articles by Pascal Precht, Christoph Burgdorf and Thomas Burleson